Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimbo1mcm
    • Sep 2006

Playing Backup DVD's on Progressive Scan Player

Not a big deal, but I have a Denon 2800 progressive scan DVD player. When I use DVD RB, and plus R Verbatim, they play fine on my Sony DVD players, but not on the Denon. The Denon manual says it won't play DVD+R's. Is there any way to fool it? I have a Liteon 1633s burner, with the BSOY firmware. It can change the booktype on a +rw, but not a +R. Are there any recording or playback options that will allow me to play these backups on the Denon? thanks.
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

I you haven't already set your book type to DVD-Rom you can do this with Nero or Imgburn

To do this in Nero got to Programs\Nero\nerotools\Nerocd-dvdspeed
    once it's open go to Extra\bittsetting then use the pulldown tab next to DVD +R and select DVD-Rom and hit set and your done
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BR7; 24 Sep 2006, 10:27 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• katzdvd
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Feb 2006

Hi Jimbo,

If you haven't already set your book type to DVD-Rom you can do this with Nero or Imgburn
      Good idea

The Denon manual says it won't play DVD+R's
      Are you certain that it won't play them? You could always put one in & try it out!

regards, katz

Comment

• photo_angel2004
        Queen of Digital Video
        Queen of Digital Video
        • Jan 2004

You could do what BR7 sugested or you could do what I do and buy DVD-R discs. I take it all of the discs that you own though are DVD+R?

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• jimbo1mcm
          • Sep 2006

Thanks for the replies,...but

I did try a copied +r in the Denon and it won't read it. My Liteon 1633s does do booktype changing. I can put a +rw disc in it, and I use the Liteon utility to change it to a ROM. When I put a +r in and try to change it, it says it has changed, but still shows as a +r. Someone in this forum wrote that the +r's are already imprinted with a ROM lead in. Not sure why the Denon won't read it, but thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...