Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ironman2632
    • Feb 2005

Adding Music to Main Menu/Track Menu

I searched but can't find what I'm looking for. Or I'm just not looking in the right place but here is my question. I want to add background music to the main and track menus but don't know how. I searched the HELP menu but it doesn't say anything. I am using TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6 by the way. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

i'm pretty sure sound will only work for the main menu. animations will work for the chapter thumbnails however.

when making the menu backgroud i select "new theme"under the "create menu" header at top of interface. in the window that pops up select a choice under "layout of the main menu" then click ok. now in your work area click on the background in the work area and select your mpeg-1 or mpeg-2 video file. this will loop while playing the music, you can select how long it is to play in seconds untill it loops under "menu display settings">"motion menu". here is a screen shot of the settings last time i used this feature. it was for my captures of the sopranos. i had loaded the video clip i made from the shows intro (93 sec) for my motion menu. so it plays the intro to the show steady when i load the disc. slicker than dog poo on your shoe. i spent a couple hours experimenting, playing back the output with MPC on my HD till i got it figured out. be patient

NOTE: in this case i didn't want my chapter thumbnails animated (you may not even want to use any, depends what you want)
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• ironman2632
      • Feb 2005

so i'm not able to just add my own mp3 track to the main menu? what i'm doing is making a Halloween DVD with all my homemade Michael Myers movies and I have 7 clips on the main menu with a picture of Michael Myers in the back but I want to add the John Carpenter theme in the background. From what you're telling me, I can only add audio from a selected video clip?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

that's right, you must load a video. if you want a still it won't work with this software. if you can make a clip of your own (using your own mp3) to mpeg-1 or 2 first, then it will work.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...