X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sidney1
    • Dec 2006

direct show used to work!

Hi,

I've got a version of tmpgenc (2.55) which works fine with my mpeg2 files recorded off a tv card. When a glitch occurs with reception etc, tmpgenc still converts the mpeg2 file and keeps the audio in sync throughout.

this is great but 2.55 dosen't support 16:9 dvd format (as far as I can see - and I've tried lots of different compinations!)

- So I've also got tmpgenc 2.254 but this losses audio sync with my mpeg2 files (especially after a glitch in the file).

The mpeg2 file use the elecard mpeg codecs.

Why does one version work and the other not ?
    I need to get 16:9 working so other than encoding twice (once throught 2.55 then throught 2.254 with resize) is there a solution ?

I've noticed that tmpgenc 3 xpress dosen't keep audio sync either!

Tmpgenc 4 xpress (trial) does seem to work but having bought v3 i'm loathed to spend more!

Any idears??

sid
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

welcome.

it's not TMPGEnc's fault if the file is damaged. encode as segments with audio gap correction where needed, merge.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• sidney1
      • Dec 2006

True ,
      but with digital tv you get loys of errors! (every time a taxi goes by!), so tools that ignore errors and just keep encodeing and doing the best they can and not lose audio/video sync are necessary to me (editing so meny small errors would be impossible - even if you could see a single frame error).

So I'll have to keep using old version (2.55) and then using xpress 3 to resize. I'd still like to know whats going on between the 4 versions:

2.55 works
      2.524 dosen't work
      3 xpress dosen't work
      4 xpress (trial) does work

Cheers for any info

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

so tools that ignore errors and just keep encodeing and doing the best they can and not lose audio/video sync are necessary to me
        run the streams through projectX, it'll take care of any errors and maintain sync
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• sidney1
          • Dec 2006

Just tried project X (which I'd never heard of up to now) - it's pretty damn good! Thanks for that info.

Comment

Working...