X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rob_hendley
    • Oct 2007

DVD Author 3 problem - track thumbnails

Hi all,

I am having a problem wih TMPGENC DVD Author 3 which I hope you can help me with.

I go in to make my own menu and add four different tracks, one for each of four mpegs to put on dvd

I then go into menu and double click the menu page. My tracks are there showing the first frame of the mpeg as normal.

I click thumbnail of track# and click menu item settings. As is customary I am presented with the mpeg where I can move the slider to different frames. When I find the frame I want to show as the thumbnail, I click OK and get the following message:

"The video preview position changed but the playback start and end points are not finalized yet.

Set the background picture playback start and end points by clicking "No", and return to the settings window and set the start and end points.

Cancel the preview position change - do you wish to close anyway?"

If I click Yes I go out of the menu item settings and back to the page editor for the menu. If I click No i got back to the menu item settings window.

I have tried setting start and end points to the track, to no avail.

I have motion menus disabled in favour of picture menus and cannot for the life of me figure this thing out. In all other dvd authoring software, including previous versions of tmpgenc dvd author I have had no trouble selecting a frame to use as a thumbnail.

Anyone else had this problem and know how to get round it?

Cheers
    Rob
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

When I find the frame I want to show as the thumbnail, I click OK and get the following message:

"The video preview position changed but the playback start and end points are not finalized yet.
    At that particular frame(which u want as thumbnail) first click the button 'Set as start frame' and then click 'Set as end frame'.That way you select only one frame as ur track thumbnail.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• rob_hendley
      • Oct 2007

oooo gracias mon ami!

Comment

• umpire
        getting it slowly
        • Nov 2006

I'm having the same difficulties with that application:
        I put the avi-files in order and had it all piled up to 4,5 GB, according to the Output Size Bar at the bottom of the window. Each of the small preview-windows in the Menu-Section were black, as every track starts with a black screen.
        Just now I set the start frame and end frame to another point inside the track, at a frame I want to be displayed in the small preview-window. While doing this I noticed the Output Size Bar scaling down with every time I clicked "OK" after having set the start and the end-frame. With processing the last of the tracks as described, nothing is left to output. The Output File Bar is empty.
        So the question remains: How to change the preview-image from the start of the track to a frame inside the track without changing the initial start- and end-point ant the real beginning and end of the track? This should be the easiest exercise in this application, but obviously it isn't.
        Thank you all!

Comment

Working...