Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petercap
    • Nov 2007

TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 Error Message

I load a video (mpeg) file and its related audio file(s) without any problem in the 'clip addition' screen of TMPGEnc DVD Author 3.

When trying to use the Edit Menu button (lower right button) in Cut-Edit or Subtitles Screens in order to create automatic chapters or add subtitles, I get the error message "Read Error occured at address 004DCA9A of module 'TMPGEncDVDAuthor3.exe' with 7DFDCF84" and cannot add any subtitles or create chapters automatically.

Any ideas on what is causing this problem will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance...
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

I used to get this problem with the first retail version, but it was fixed for me in the latest update (3.0.9.166 version). You can update your current retail version by going to this page and downloading the retail package (it will install and overwrite your existing version):

We create the best video software encoder, DVD/Blu-ray/AVCHD authoring software, and MPEG lossless editing software.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• datsun
      • Nov 2007

Thanks for this info I thought it was my win XP.
      I have upgraded to the new version and now it works ok but the chaptering tool is now gone ??
      does anyone know if this is correct and is there any other way of putting chapters in automatically.

datsun

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

Don't know why it disappeared from the menu, but press Ctrl+K to access it on the Cut-edit screen. It has been renamed the "Keyframes tool"
        Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• datsun
          • Nov 2007

thanks for previous info hope you can help, the latest version of author 3 cant see my SATA burner. I have a SATA HDD which works so the drivers are there, windows and nero see the burner but not TMPGEnc DVD Author . Would be grateful for any ides

datsun

Comment

Working...