Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • livelyppop
    • Jul 2008

When converting from avi to mpeg no sound

Sometimes when I convert an avi to mpeg the sound is gone. I will check the avi and there will be sound but after the conversion there is no sound. I have checked and made sure I had the audio button checked to add the audio.
    My system is
    Vista
    TMPGEnc Plus 2.5

Why could the audio drop out just on certain things. Probably 99% of the time it works fine but every now then this happens. It is frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

Hi. I was using TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 quite a bit until other apps like DVD Flick and FAVC came out. iirc if the audio was AC3 you had to buy a separate plug-in for TMGEnc to process it. What I used to do is use Goldwave batch conversion and just drop my .avi files on it and output 16 bit signed stereo .wav files. Those would load into TMPGEnc and I'd just select .mp2 audio as output.

If you are converting to DVD then I'd suggest trying the new DVD Flick beta or FAVC 1.07.

The other approach you could take if your .avi has ac3 audio especially, you could demux it with another app. Then when converting with TMPGEnc Plus check the box that says output separate audio and video files. Then just use an authoring program that muxes them together or a straight muxer app if just producing .mpg files and not vob sets.

Short answer is if TMPGEnc does nothing with the audio chances are good the audio is AC3 as that support was an extra charge.

Comment

Working...