Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hollowed454
    • Aug 2008

50g for a video??

hello all. I'm new to the Tmpgenc 4.0 Express program. I was attempting to use it earlier. I have a video that was in 2 segments so I was trying to put it as one Avi program. When I did it came out at 50G so of course decided that was ridiculous and erased it and tried again with the same result. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

What format are the original segments in ? What is the size of the original segments ? It seems , after joining, you are outputting as uncompressed avi.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• hollowed454
      • Aug 2008

well the originals are in avi format. I was just trying to put them together as one avi. I did it with a wmv file as well and still got the same result. So I imported on of my dvd videos just for kicks and got the same thing once again. how do you compress it within the program?

Comment

• paglamon
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

If it is only a question of joining avi files, then Virtualdub or AVIMuxGUI or AVIDemux are far easier and better programs than TMPGEnc.
        If you are encoding some other format into avi, then encode using something like DivX or XviD and specify a bitrate so that you can get a desired file size. Again, TMPGEnc is not the easiest or best program for this.
        sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

Working...