• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • C Bundy
    Lord Ogmore !!
    • Sep 2007

failing to burn

Hi
    This is an odd one to me!! I suspect I havent ticked a box or the like ---but cant recall an occasion that requierd alteration to my settings,
    My problem occures when 'and this is only an assumtion of time' when in the stage whenTMPGENC DVD AUTHORING 3 is writing to the DVD disc. After my selecting the settings in the Writing pane and pressing "OK" things appear to proceed -- it is only when and if I'm lucky enough (if those are the words) -- to spot a Blue screen with information that dissapeares befor I have a chance to read and the PC creashes and then reboots!!!
    I'm Running an OS of Vista home Premium I close all other obvious running programs!!
    I uninstalled and reinstalled from my original disc but this has made No difference!!
    Any advice please
    TIA
    Clive
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

I'm not familiar with TMPGEnc authoring programs. I've used TMPGEnc Plus for awhile. So I'm not sure if the burning is built into the program or it uses an external app. Either way, I would suggest as a first test, downloading(if you don't have it already) Imgburn. Go through the process as if you are going to burn a disc with Imgburn. Make sure in Imgburn Settings under the Write tab that "lock for exclusive access" is checked. Now try to burn the disc. If there is another application or driver controlling the burner, Imgburn will give an error that it cannot lock the drive.

If you get the "cannot lock" error from Imgburn then check what other software may be interfering(a known offender is Nero.. also some of those multimedia apps that come preinstalled in Windows can interfere.)

If you don't get that error, then you'll need to pursue another avenue. But the lock drive thing is an easy one to check(might be a good idea to use an erasable disc in case Imgburn actually starts to do the burn.)

Comment

• C Bundy
      Lord Ogmore !!
      • Sep 2007

Hi Milesahead
      Thanks for the Heads-up Sorry for the delay in replying!!!!
      I have tried to write/burn the copy to DVD but have failed using Imgburn, I cant get the software to recognise the file

There is a Writing Tool in TMPGEnc and it is during the use of this section than I get the Blue screen and Reboot
      The procedure after selecting Write is >> Build Track>VOB File Finalization> Output Started> Output complete > Writing tool pane comes up and the ALMOST immediately >>>> CRASH a Blue screen ( on screen for too short a time for me to assimilate and a reboot
      I have reviewed Event Viewer and can see nothing relevant there Other than references to the reboot Error >> 15016 +1101+6008
      I'm beginning to Suspect this is a computer/software program but it is WAY over my head
      ANY ADVICE/Help appreciated
      TIA
      Last edited by C Bundy; 22 Jul 2009, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• C Bundy
        Lord Ogmore !!
        • Sep 2007

Hello The Group
        Well try try and try again!!!!
        I must admit I failed with Imgburn and the burner in TMPGEnc but trying my OLD faverite and much used DVDFab Platinum I was able to burn a disc, So I suppose I can claim >> "A work around" but for sure not a solution So any assistance re the problem would be appriciated
        Thanks Clive

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

What happens when you do Imgburn? Did you set "lock drive exclusive access?" I was trying to find out if another software was controlling the drive. If you have 2 programs trying to control the same hardware generally the result is not good.

Comment

• C Bundy
            Lord Ogmore !!
            • Sep 2007

Hi
            It was a case of 'Couldnt Find the File'!!!! in Imgburn
            But and isnt there always a BUT_ although my burn using DVDFab went ABC123 with that film - (A copy from the TV by the way) when I tried to do another the same problem arose could find the file although there it was in 'My Documents' First in DVDFab then Imigburn it was only after a third EDIT in TMPG that a viable format was presented and I was able to make a hard copy (The Master Copy Shall we say had the TV adverts etc which where the items I was tring to remove) There is a case of more luck than judgement
            I have been doing this procedure for A long time and had NO probs before which lead me to trhink I have selected the wrong settings when starting out to do the EDIT,
            To answer your question re "lock drive exclusive access?" I believe I did there was a tick in that box/section.
            Many thanks for you interest
            I watched the film "The Mission" which I obtained from the airwaves and other than the station local in the corner my copy was A1 -- do you think we will ever be able to remove that identification?? I dont think I will hold my breath but will keep Fingers Xed all the same
            TIA
            Clive

Comment

• C Bundy
              Lord Ogmore !!
              • Sep 2007

Does this Help?????
              Attached Files

Comment

• MilesAhead
                Eclectician
                • Nov 2006

Whenever I get an error that a program cannot find the file, I try to set it up so that the file path has no spaces. If the command line parameter for the file isn't double quoted, that's what happens(the program only reads the filename up to the space... as in "C:\Program" instead of "C:\Program Files\yaddayadda\somefile.ext") Just a guess.

Comment

Working...