Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Div.One
    • Aug 2003

SVCD file help

I have a couple newbie questions about SVCD. I downloaded a SVCD movie and I was wondering which programs,software, codecs, etc. I'll need to:
    1. Watch it on my computer
    2. Burn it to a CD-R.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

svcd can be loaded into dvd player software such as powerdvd or windvd.

having installed the apropriate mpeg-2 playback filter other players will be able to play the svcd-mpeg-2 files as well: zoomplayer or even windows media player (6.4).

to burn the file to cd use whatever software you prefer for burning: all of them should be capable of burning either an image file to compliant svcd or create an svcd out of the mpeg-2 file which is the main svcd file

Comment

• Div.One
      • Aug 2003

Ok, I should have stated this first. The SVCD file I downloaded is a .tar file. I used winrar to extract it. After I extract it, it puts it in a new folder but there is still a bunch of files. What do I need to do so the file turns into one file that my windvd will recognize ? Thanks for your reply UncasMS.

Comment

• shiny#3
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Jul 2003

in order to be of any help for you ... you must provide more information on the files that you have now.

including suffixes and so on .... best.. do a screenshot and post or attach it here!!

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

in case you have powerdvd or similar software installed and in case you might find a large file (700mb + most of the time) named: avseq01.mpg in a folder like: mpeg2 you could load this file into powerdvd via the FILE MODE in order to view the file.

in order to burn a svcd there might be several ways.
          one method would be to choose the svcd template within your burning software and then load this avseq01.mpg file into the new compilation to have it scanned and if that was successfully done you should be ready for the burning process.
          Last edited by UncasMS; 23 Aug 2003, 07:07 AM.

Comment

• Div.One
            • Aug 2003

I extracted the file and it made 2 folders CD1 and CD2. Inside each folder contains about 50+ files. The file names are eso-swta.r00, eso-swta.r01, eso-swta.r02, etc. all the way to eso-swta.r55. These files are not recognized by windvd so what do I have to do to make it a recognizable file. By the way, I d/l this movie off Mirc and it's 1.6GB. thanks

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

use WINRAR to extract the files and tell us what will come out of it then

i guess it will be a *.bin + *.cue but lets see

Comment

• Div.One
                • Aug 2003

It is a bin and cue file. How can I watch this on my comp and how can I burn it ? thanks

Comment

• UncasMS
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2001

*.bin is an image format which can be burned with any decent software.

nero for example will let you open the CUE file and burn to disc.
                  make sure not to burn at too high speeds when it comes to svcd.

i personally stick to 8x even though discs i burned by accident at 48x work fine on my standalone player as well - still i wouldnt recommend that high burn speeds.

in case you dont have a dvd standalone player and you only want to watch the movie on that very pc of yours, then of course you do not neccessarily have to burn the file in order to watch it.

to gain access to this image format you can use a software named DAEMON TOOLS.

daemon tools will create one or more virtual cd drives.

now you can load the CUE file into daemon tools and the content of the *.bin file will be loaded into the new virtual cd drive.

next you could start a software dvd player like powerdvd and open the movie from the virtual cd drive in order to watch it.
                  Last edited by UncasMS; 22 Aug 2003, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Div.One
                    • Aug 2003

Thanks for all your help UncasMS. I used vcdgear to convert the .bin file to an mpeg file. I can watch it on my comp easier but I haven't tried burning it yet so i don't know how it comes out.

Comment

• kidkaos
                      • Sep 2003

one question

so after you download the movie and an use winrar, and you have the multiple winrar archives in the folders labeled cd1 and cd2, you unzip those also?? will that make multiple bin and cue files in the folder?? and if so how do you burn that??

thanx for the help
                      peace

Comment

Working...