Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nzjacob
    • Jul 2003

SVCD format on DVD-R media ?

I have a large collection of travel vids, already in MPEG-1. there is about 3 gig worth (nearly 5 hours). Rather than converting to DVD etc etc etc. I was wondering if I could create a SVCD format disk, and put it on a DVD-R media.

My DVD player will play SVCD disks on CD-R media. The software I normally use to make SVCD is Pinnacle Studio Pro 8, however it wont let me write to anything other than CD when selecting the SVCD format of encoding.

Anyone had luck doing this.

Thanks
  • Thingy
    • May 2003

You don't want to make svcd out of your vcd!

the dvd-standard aren't fully compatible with svcd-resolutions, it is compatible with the vcd-standard though.

You should look up dvd2svcdmpg, this software can help you do what I think you want to accomplish
    - The question is: Why?

Comment

• kangated
      • Apr 2003

Hi there,
      I also had a good collection of SVCD so I wouldn;t compromise so much on DVD quality.
      After some advice on the forums I tried out DVD Lab and after an initial problem found it absolutely first rate !!!!
      DVD Lab converts your SVCD's to vob files of around 1GB each so in most cases I got 4 - 5 movies on one DVD-R !!!!!!
      Best of all unlike copying of DVD's which I find to be subject to every little scratch or smudge mark, the DVD-Lab results have been extra resilient in comparison. I created 2 DVD-R's for my daughter after the centre of some of her Disney films started cracking with that stupid push down to extract mechanism the cover manufacturer's favour.
      DVD Lab also allows you to create your own custom menu and scence selections as well !!!
      Alternatively with the right DVD Player if you just write your SVCD's to a DVD-R or DVD-RW the player should idenitfy the files and come up with it's own menu system on load up.
      Mine is a Hyundai (of all things a car manufacturer making a DVD player) and comes up with an "adequate menu" and it basically shows you "folfer" and names of files in the folder.
      Select and of it goes !!!
      Hopes this helps you also !!!!

KangaTed
      Melbourne, Australia
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
      LSD and UNIX both originated at Berkeley, CA.
      This is NOT a coincidence !

Comment

• BriansNSane
        • May 2005

How would you go about burning vcd on dvdr media thought if its compatable?

Comment

• reboot
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Apr 2004

DVD Lab converts your SVCD's to vob files of around 1GB each
          DVDLab does not convert anything. It authors videos to DVD spec, which is a .vob no larger than 1 gig.
          How would you go about burning vcd on dvdr media thought if its compatable?
          Author your videos in DVDLab, and burn as you would any other DVD video. In Nero, select the DVD Movie template. Drag and drop the VIDEO_TS folder from right to left. Burn.
          My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

Working...