Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cpl_cluck
    • May 2002

how do i rip a vcd or svcd????

how do i rip a vcd or an svcd my cd writer prog wont make an exact copy of it so i cant do i that way so are there any vcd ripper progs out there and how do i do it cheers cpl_cluck!!!!!!!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"my cd writer prog wont make an exact copy"

That makes no sense, unless:

A) Your burner is faulty

or

B) You're trying to duplicate an 80 minute CD with a 74 minute CD-R

Comment

• wombat
      • Jun 2002

It sounds like you have the same prob that I am having, which is (and correct me if I'm wrong):

I burnt an mpeg to an 80min cd using VCDEasy and then deleted the original mpeg file from my hard drive. Later I wanted to make a copy of the cd but when I tried to do a disk copy using Easy CD Creator it would not copy. VCDEasy has a ripping option but I'm not to sure how to go about using it as there is no help file. Can ne1 help me out with this prob?

Comment

• cpl_cluck
        • May 2002

spot on

yep thats spot on mate easy cd creator is cr*p i have found a program called vcd gear 3 that will convert the dat file back into an mpeg file on your hard drive so u can copy it again but it only works on the vcds i have done myself all the ones i have bought ie spiderman, blade2 ali g inda house it wont do them it only does 27% then stops which is a pain vcd gear also wont convert svcds back into mpeg so u cant do them either which is a pain in the arse anyone got any suggestions cheers aza???????? heres the link for vcd gear mate if it dont work its from doom9s website

Last edited by cpl_cluck; 19 Jun 2002, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• cpl_cluck
          • May 2002

svcd

i managed to work out how to convert svcds using vcd gear u just do the mpeg to mpeg conversion then use mpeg tools i tmpgenc and multiplex the files u have copied then it will work and u can re copy it!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...