Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keithtw27
    • Aug 2002

Converted Mpeg is inverted!

Hello. I am rather new, but have been successful at ripping, decoding, and buring a DVD to a vcd or svcd. The part that I have not been successful at is converting from the .vob file to mpeg. The problem is that the resulting picture of the ouput mpeg is inverted. The top left of the picture is on the bottom right of the screen. I have used smartripper to rip and decode, dvd2avi to extract the audio (also as framerserver?) and am trying to use TMPGEnc to convert. I will use easycd creator to burn. The VOB file, preview in TMPGEnc and image while converting all display correctly. Also the audio comes out correct. I have read through many of the guides but have not found a simular problem. I do terminate the encode before it is completed to test the output, but I don't think that is the problem.

Why does this happen and how can I correct it? Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
    keith
  • keithtw27
    • Aug 2002

correction

Hello again. I looked at the output agan and the image is only inverted in the vertical direction. Meaning the top of the picture is on the bottom of the sceen and vice versa. The left is right sides are ok.

please any help would be...... helpful

thanks
    keith

Comment

• keithtw27
      • Aug 2002

Now more confused

Ok. I don't know if anyone is listening, but...

I played the output Mpeg file with PowerDVD and it is correct!!!! Right side up. I was orginally playing it in MS windows Media player (because that is the default for Mpegs) and the picture is upside down. Now I don't know what that means. When I make it into a VCD will if come out correct. Will it depend on which player I am using? Does anyone know why? Does anyone know how to get the picture to be standard in all players? Help!!!

thanks
      keith

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

If you feel comfortable making adjustments to the Windows Registry, go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Scrunch\WMVid
        eo\Vertical Flip Packed YUV

and then set the DWORD value of this registry key to 1.

Comment

Working...