Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pistoly
    • Mar 2002

Help with External Audio encoder in TMPGEnc 2.53

I have been encoding .avi movies to .mpg using TMPGEnc 2.53 for quite some time now and then burning them as VCD's to play on my DVD player. The sound is always tinny and I have read that this is due to TMPGEnc's audio encoder. I read on VCDHELP to use toolame as an external audio encoder but whenever I try to do that, TMPGEnc says "toolame.exe can not be used as an external audio encoder". I selected (layer-2), Am I doing something wrong with any other settings in TMPGEnc? Should I be using a different audio encoder? Please, if someone could help me, all I want is to have the best audio quality on my VCD's.
    Thanx,
    Pistoly
  • M[e]K
    • Aug 2002

The answer is to extrakt the sound from the avi file before converting in Tmpgenc. Use virtualdub with

Audio - fulll processing mode. Conversion - 44100 hz and compression PCM. Then save wav file in the file menu.

Use the created wav file as audio-source in tmpgenc.

Comment

• Pistoly
      • Mar 2002

Thanks M[e]K,
      I tried this, but the audio still sounds tinny to me. Do you or anyone else know of how to get better sounding audio onto a VCD which you can then play in your standalone DVD player? Is is possible to burn a VCD with Surround sound encoding?
      thanx for your help,
      Pistoly

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Is is possible to burn a VCD with Surround sound encoding?"

It's possible, and it will play just fine on your PC, but it won't play on a standalone DVD player, as SurroundSound does not conform with the MPEG1-VideoCd standard...

Comment

• Pistoly
          • Mar 2002

Thanx for the reply Setarip,
          Is this true for SVCD as well? I was thinking of encoding an SVCD (then use the VCD header switch) to play on my Standalone DVD player.
          Thanx again,
          Pistoly

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

You might want to read the information at this URL:

Comment

Working...