Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onerose
    • Nov 2001

can't encode with tmpgenc

ok heres the deal every time i try to encode this movies i downloaded (sign & blade 2 ) i get invalid video source the file will not load but the movie plays in windows media player. it's in svcd format but tmpgenc can't do any thing with these file any ideas?????? i'm trying to encode so that spruce- up will except to convert to vob
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Assuming that you have a full version of TMPGEnc, capable of handling MPEG2 files,
    first convert the SVCD to "plain vanilla" MPEG2, using TMPGEnc as follows:

File>>MPEGTools>>Merge&Cut

Load the SVCD file
    Set the mode to "MPEG2 Program( VBR)" (NOT MPEG2-SuperVideoCD)
    Save with a new filename
    Exit TMPGEnc

(By the way, if Windows Media Player CAN play your files, I doubt that they're in SVCD format...)
    Last edited by setarip; 2 Sep 2002, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• onerose
      • Nov 2001

thanks for the quick responce setarip did as instucted still got invalid video source from the wizzard and the manule way put the file like mux://I:\My Documents\My Movies\Signs - 1.mpg but when i press start there was no preview file as it was encodeing still puzzled

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

I'm afraid that I don't understand your last post at all.

Perhaps another poster will be able to provide additional assistance...

Comment

• onerose
          • Nov 2001

ok let see if i can say this better,after i did what you said, it still doesn't work same problem, invalid video source, is there a program or utility that will tell me what type of file this is it looks like an avi with a mpg extension. but it looks like i can take nanadub and blow it out to a full avi (you know how long that will take and the file size) theres got to be a better way

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"is there a program or utility that will tell me what type of file this is"

1) Load the file into VirtualDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• onerose
              • Nov 2001

i get( import filter pack synchronization error) in virtual dub when i tryed to open file, but flask- it mpeg seems to work i'll try it and let you know the outcome

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"i get( import filter pack synchronization error) in virtual dub when i tryed to open file, "

That's indicative of an MPEG2 file, which as you've indicated, Flask should be able to process.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• onerose
                  • Nov 2001

yep that fixxed it converted to avi then i could work it in tpmgenc
                  thanks again setarip

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>} (Although you really should congratulate yourself for coming up with a workable solution!)

Comment

Working...