X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrittanySpears
    • Oct 2002

Newbie Here - Need help with pretty much everything

Hi,
    I am 1 week new to this. I want to make SVCD's. First assignment is this. I have donniedarko from kazaa. It said it was an avi file but i renamed it to mpeg and it still played the same. I believe its most likely a divx. Anyways how to I burn this to play in dvd player. I tried Ulead DVD Workshop and it did basically nothing. What am I not doing right? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

See more info below...

Donnie Darko.(2001).ViTE.ShareReactor.avi

640 x 272, 24 Bits, 162914 Frames, 23.976 Frames/Sec, 105 KB/Sec, DIVXMPG4 V3

MPEG Layer-3,130 kBit/s, 48,000 Hz, Stereo
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

First, change the name to simply DonnieDarko.avi - to avoid the possibility of confusing conversion and/or playback software.

Then use TMPGEnc to convert it to an SVCD. then burn with NERO or similar.

Be advised that many standalone DVD players A) don't play burned SVCDs and B) are oft' times very finicky about which brands of DVD-R they'll recognize...

Comment

• DVDIdiot
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Oct 2002

This guy even support by email...check it out

DVD Step-by-Step Guides
      http://dvdplanet.fateback.com

Comment

• Danski0
        • Oct 2002

Here's a great guide to make that DivX-file of yours to VCD/SVCD format. After that is done, just use nero, select your choice "VCD" or "SVCD" and drag-and-drop!
        As easy as that, but it takes MANY hours to convert it! =)

Also, what dvd-player are you using. I'll check out what it supports for you and also what format that is best for that particular player.

Have fun!

Comment

Working...