X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cburt
    • Oct 2002

Encode MPEG Layer-3

I need some help on how to encode using TMPGEnc, The file is avi
    MPEG Layer-3, width 352 pixel, height 240 pixel, bit rate 56 kps, frame rate 14, data rate 42 kbps.
    TMPGEnc comes up with can not open, or unsupported, so how can I encode this to a MPEG 1 VCD file
  • sneglen
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Oct 2002

If the file is an AVI (Which I assume it is) you should be able to open it with VirtualDub, and then frameserver it to TMPEnc.

First off all you need to run the "Auxsetup.exe" in the VirtualDub Folder, then push the button "Install handler" restart, just to make sure it works. When the computer has restartet open the file in virtualDub and press: "File-->Start frame Server" Press OK on the first screen and the next screen is where the Frameserver file should be put choose a place and name the file "Somthing.vdr" the vdr is importent to add otherwise TMPEnc will not be able to use the file.

Now it works just like it would a normal file.

If it says it does not know the filetype, try restarting and installing the handler once again.

Good luck

Tip: If the file need resizing resize it in VirtualDub, because it is faster and easier to use than TMPEnc
    If Nobody Bought Movies, Why Should They Continue To Make Them?

"Bull****" Neo To The Father Of The Matrix In Reloaded

Comment

Working...