Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShakerMaker
    • Mar 2002

Is bbMPEG any good?

I've had no problems encoding VCD's with this (straight from Flask), but every time I try to do a SVCD lowering the bitrate from the standard 2.5kbps (so I can fit more than 30 mins on an 80 cd) to around 1.55 kbps I keep getting error messages right at the end of encoding, after it has multiplexed etc. Which is annoying after waiting 6 hours for the thing to do the job.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Does the error message result in a non-functioning file, or is it simply an error message (which can be ignored)?

2) Have you tried any of the alternative plugins, such as LSX or Panasonic - which may be more forgiving regarding non-conforming settings?

Comment

• ShakerMaker
      • Mar 2002

Originally posted by setarip
      1) Does the error message result in a non-functioning file, or is it simply an error message (which can be ignored)?

2) Have you tried any of the alternative plugins, such as LSX or Panasonic - which may be more forgiving regarding non-conforming settings?
      1) It says something like cannot find frame xxxxx which usually happens to be the second last frame out of 1,000,000odd.

Also, when I opened the directory, its left an ac3 file (I think) and and m2v file.

2) I have installed the Panasonic plug in. But, it dosen't appear in Flask. Any suggestions?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I have installed the Panasonic plug in. But, it dosen't appear in Flask. Any suggestions?"

You have to copy the Panasonic plugin into your Flask directory. You have to change the file's extender to ".cm.flask"

Comment

• ShakerMaker
          • Mar 2002

Originally posted by setarip

You have to copy the Panasonic plugin into your Flask directory. You have to change the file's extender to ".cm.flask"
          Which file is this? I can only see the exe file and readme files in the Panasonic dir.

Comment

Working...