X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cygnus
    • Oct 2002

File-Size??

Hey Guys!

I got a small problem! I encoded a MPEG2-Stream from an AVI using Tmpgenc. The file size was about 772 MB, but i thought that´s ok with SVCDs because I already handled 800 MB files with ONE SVCD.
    After having finished encoding, i put the whole stuff in VCDEasy for adding the chapters and creating an image file. Also VCDEasy told me an estimated image size of 780 MB, but after i got my BIN I saw a file size of 888 MB, which, of course, wont fit on a CD. So, whats wrong with that file??

Properties are PAL, 2120kbps, 480x576, 46:31 mins

Thx
  • ShuMO
    • Dec 2002

I vaguely recall a note somewhere about Microsofts codec adding 100MB to a file... which codec does your outputted file use? Sorry to seem lame in the reply... I just got an itch when I read your post. It was something to do with overhead for streaming servers etc...
    ShuMO

Comment

• wenxibo
      • Dec 2002

maybe your bit-rate is large.

normally,I make SVCD use 1800kbps,because at this rate,I can put 45min content on disc almost.You can use EasyMPEG3 to try it(it can segment your content to multiple disc if your file is large).good luck!

Comment

• HaroldW
        • Nov 2002

It sounds to me like you are encountering "padding". I can't find the setting, but I have seen it before. I believe it is used to help keep the audio synchronized with the video, under certain circumstances.

The way I have been able to get around the "padding" adding filesize to the MPG is to go into the MPEG Tools section of TMPGenc Plus, and do a simple de-multiplex (use your original file as the input file) and use the default filenames. When done then do a simple multiplex (I usually use a different filename for the multiplexed mpeg)

Make sure when you do the simple multiplex that you select the correct input type.

Then use the multiplexed mpeg in VCDEasy.

The de-multiplex/multiplex does not take nearly the amount of time it takes to encode a file in TMPGenc.

Comment

Working...