Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marigold522
    • Jan 2003

No sound when converting ac3 to wave

I have a movie in 2 parts that has the ac3 audio. I had no problems with part one and have it on a VCD. I am having problems with corrupted audio(?)on the second part. I extracted the audio in virtualdub(direct stream copy), then renamed the file to audio.ac3, ran it through ac3fix(said it found bad sectors), then finally in headac3he to convert to wave. When it was in headac3he, I noticed a long line of CRC errors, but it continued to process the file. The resulting wave has no sound. I repeated the entire process with the same outcome. I have converted two other complete movies(that have the ac3) to VCD and had no problems with them. Can someone please tell me if there is some way to get the sound in my wave and what has happened? The movie plays perfectly on the computer. Thanks!
  • marigold522
    • Jan 2003

I tried a tip that I read on another forum and it worked for me. I just loaded the downloaded movie into tmpgenc and changed the "direct show media" to the highest priority. Tmpgenc accepted the video, ac3 and all. I was able to encode it and burn it as a VCD. It plays nicely on my DVD player using this method. I hope this helps someone else.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Glad to hear that my tip helped resolve your problem ;>}

By the way, VirtualDub will not PROPERLY extract and convert .AC3 audiostreams into .WAV format...

Comment

• marigold522
        • Jan 2003

Hello! Thanks for your tip. I couldn't remember where I had seen it or who posted it but I'm glad that you did because it certainly worked. I found out the hard way(by trying over and over again to get the audio to work)that VD corrupts part of it, I think. Thank you again!

Comment

Working...