Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gepineda
    • Jan 2003

Problems encoding at 29.97fps with DVDx

I usually rip a DVD with smart ripper and then encode it with DVDx. When I encode mpeg1 with subtitles at 23.9 fps I have no problem and everything is perfect. However, that is not the case with DVD's that DVDx identifies as having a frame rate of 29.97.

The DVDx DVD player shows the framerate of movies on its title bar when these are played directly from the disc. It made me curious that movies initially detected with as 29.97fps will not go above 28fps according to the DVDx DVD player.

The resulting situation is that movies end up encoded with a fast video rate and a normal audio rate. Movements in these encoded clips appear slightly accelerated. I always check the auto video/audio synch option, therefore every now and then a piece of the audio gets cut off because of constant synchronization of a faster video with a slower audio.

Has anybody encountered these problems? I tried using DVDx directly with the disc without first ripping it with Smart Ripper. Same problem. I tried tinkering with mux rates and min/max paddings, but it did not work. I also tried pulling down the frame rate, but then the video would be jumpy. Maybe if DVDx had a pulldown option of around 28fps it might work, but I have to go all the way down to 23fps because of the limited available options.

How do I fix this?
  • moviemaker100k
    • Jan 2003

I am sort of having a similar problem as you. When I force it to 24kHz it seems to work fine.

The DVD which I am trying to convert also normally runs at 29fps but like I said I have set it to 24fps.

My question is how does having a lower fps effect the final mpeg? Also how will it effect Nero burner when you convert it to VCD?

Thanks for any info.

Comment

Working...