Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • musa
    • Jan 2003

cant load 'audio file' with TMPGEnc

can't load 'audio file' with the 'video file', when asked to load 'selected source file to convert to MPEG', it states 'file can not open or unsupported'. so when after i finish encoding the avi movie file there is picture but no sound.
    could someone please tell me what i've done wrong.

thanx
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab you increase the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" to the highest priority. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

2) If the audio is in .MP3 VBR (Variable Bitrate) format, you'll have to convert it to either .WAV (Uncompressed PCM) format, or .MP3 CBR (Constant Bitrate) format. To convert to .WAV format, simply use VirtualDub to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:

Load your original .AVI into VirtualDub

From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" (Enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extender).Click on "OK"

Comment

• musa
      • Jan 2003

thanx

thanx setarip
      i changed the environment settings and everything is fine now. next time if i have another problem i will know who to ask first

i cant help noticing that u replied at 6.50am, do u mind me asked r u at this forum 24/7?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"thanx setarip"

My pleasure ;>}

"do u mind me asked r u at this forum 24/7?"

Nope, I don't mind...

Comment

Working...