X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coldforged
    • Jan 2003

quirky vcd output with tmpgenc

Hello,

I am using tmpgenc to encode from avi to mpeg-1.
    Usually (since i'm in europe) i encode it in PAL, but the problem i seem to keep is that (specially with full screen pan's) it's like every second the motion is stopped for a brief moment, and then continues again.
    Sound and picture do stay in sync, but i can't seem to get rid of this effect somehow, not even with high quality encoding.
    (and i checked, the original divx isn't showing this....)

Is there any way i can get tmpgenc to stop doing this?

thanx for any ideas on this...
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If, in fact you are converting to MPEG-1 for viewing on your computer monitor and NOT to MPEG-1 VideoCD for viewing on your television via a standalone DVD player, there's absolutely no need to convert from NTSC (either 29.97Fps or 23.976Fps) to PAL (25Fps) - because virtually any monitor made in the last 10 or more years is multisynch (can handle virtually any framerate)...

Comment

• coldforged
      • Jan 2003

Well, yeah, i figured that one out too, but then i get the oposite effect..
      At some points it seems to rush along the picture to keep up with the soundtrack...

so either way i get a movie that's watchable, but has some weird things in it

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Does the original .AVI play properly?

Just curious - why are you converting to lower compression MPEG1 for PC viewing?

Comment

Working...