Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trina
    • Jan 2003

MPEG conversion???

I am also very new at this, and really have no idea where to go to ask questions; so here we go.
    I have recently converted an AVI file to MPEG using avi2vcd ver 1.4.2. The movie played perfectly fine as an AVI, and also after I decompressed it.
    Once I have done the conversion, every movie freezes frame after exaclty 1 minute. What am I doing wrong. The audio still plays fine, but the screen stays put.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Did the original *.avi file play properly? Does the mpeg-1 or vcd file you create freeze on both your standalone dvd player and PC?

If so you may want to use TMPGEnc instead.

Comment

• Trina
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Batman
      Did the original *.avi file play properly? Does the mpeg-1 or vcd file you create freeze on both your standalone dvd player and PC?

If so you may want to use TMPGEnc instead.
      The answer is Yes to both.
      What is TMPGEnc?? I what do I need to do? Like I say, I'm very new to this.
      Thanks for your help!!

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

TMPGEnc (www.tmpgenc.net) is a program for mpeg-1/2 authoring.

This guide should walk you through the process of converting the avi file to and mpeg-1 file:

After you have created the mpeg-1 file with TMPGENc, you might find this guide useful which explains how to burn it:

Hope this helps

Comment

• Trina
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Batman
          TMPGEnc (www.tmpgenc.net) is a program for mpeg-1/2 authoring.

This guide should walk you through the process of converting the avi file to and mpeg-1 file:

After you have created the mpeg-1 file with TMPGENc, you might find this guide useful which explains how to burn it:

Hope this helps
          Thank you. I'll give it a try

Comment

Working...