Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cole
    • Jun 2002

SVCD with Dolby 5.1

Hi Guys.....i keep looking over and over about how to make an SVCD with Dolby 5.1 but all i can find its like it wont work. i still like to know how ? is there a guide somewhere ? i try converting the wav file made with DVD2AVI to DD5.1 with BeSweet but no success.
    please any help would be great.
    thanks.
  • thePest
    • Feb 2003

Hello "Cole"

"Bluntly!" It can't be done! You can in DivX however. Even though SVCD has 6 channel support. There is no decoder at the other end to translate it Sorry to say
    A Pest can be anything, Water, Animal, pollution, even a plant. A junk yard dog getting into your Garbage can be a Pest!

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

As I've previously posted in response to several virtually identical questions:

You can CREATE one, but it won't play back with audio on a standalone DVD player and television system (Which is the only reason to create VCDs and SVCDs...). AC3 audio is not part of either the MPEG1/VCD or MPEG2/SVCD standards.

You might want to check out this informative site:

(Edited a typo)
      Last edited by setarip; 10 Feb 2003, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• thePest
        • Feb 2003

Well to explain this better. The AC-3 DD can be found in 1 channel being the anolog right channel only. The decoder looks for it in a single channel. However DTS happens to use BOTH the right and left Digital Channels. Just like the SVCD has. Since SVCD can actually hold 7 channels all together. You could use both L/R channels in SVCD mode if it was possible to attach a DTS wave. But there is no way to cram 6 channels in just 1 channel as far as programs are used.

So basically there are 2 audio channels located on a DVD. Analog and Digital. However the Analog right channel is digital. Does thi make any sense?
        A Pest can be anything, Water, Animal, pollution, even a plant. A junk yard dog getting into your Garbage can be a Pest!

Comment

Working...