Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swampy2911
    • Feb 2003

svcd join problems

tried joining svcd 480x480 ntsc files. they play perfect on svcd but i want to put them on to dvd itried following the guide on vcdhelp.com it advised me to use dvtool to join files but the filesize ends up correct only it plays approx half of the film and when i play it on the hollywood card it only plays 30 mins out of 1 hour and 25 mis .I have tried joining in tmpenc but that just throws up the old problem of the audio going out of sync. Does anyone know of an program that will succesfully join svcd that works properley
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I have tried joining in tmpenc but that just throws up the old problem of the audio going out of sync."

What specific procedure(s) did you use in TMPGEnc (There's more than one way to skin a cat ;>})?

Comment

• swampy2911
      • Feb 2003

Iused the latest tmpenc but i have also tried different ones with no luck . i have tried joining as mpeg 2, mpeg 1 etc , best results i can get wich may work well for some is mpeg 1 (none standard) but for me it leaves a couple of gaps in the sound then the last 10 mins goes out of sync

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Once again,

What SPECIFIC PROCEDURE(S) did you use in TMPGEnc (There's more than one way to skin a cat ;>})?

Comment

• swampy2911
          • Feb 2003

i just used the join option under mpeg tools clicked correct and then run

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Since that method yielded undesirable results, try the following with TMPGEnc's MPEGTools instead:

1) Use "Simple DeMultiplex" to create separate video and audiostreams for each of the two files

2) Then use "Merge&Cut" to join the two videostreams

3) Then use "Merge&Cut" to join the two audiostreams

4) Then use "Simple Multiplex" to multiplex the new videostream and new audiostream (Set to the proper mode)

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• swampy2911
              • Feb 2003

DONE IT WORKED FINE NO PROBLEMS THANKS

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"DONE IT WORKED FINE NO PROBLEMS THANKS"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• TR6699
                  • Dec 2003

setarip seeing as how u seem to help every 1 here i was wondering if u could help me a lil

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

To TR6699

"setarip seeing as how u seem to help every 1 here i was wondering if u could help me a lil"

Perhaps - If you would start a new thread and post what it is you need help about...

Comment

Working...