Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zmg
    • Apr 2003

Picture inversion when converting AVI to VCD

I've recently been trying to create a VCD from a movie I have in AVI format. I've done this successfully before many times encountering various problems and finding various solutions but this one has me stumped!!

When I encode the AVI to VCD MPEG (using Nero 5.5.10.0 or TMPGEnc 2.59.47.155) the picture is completely inverted - Upside down and reversed!!

The info I get from AVICodec (I prefer Gspot but it's stopped working on my PC at the moment) is as follows:

File : 698 Mb (698 Mb), duration 1:11:30, type AVI, 1 audio stream(s), quality 85 %
    Video : 618 Mb, 1208 Kbps, 23.976 fps, res. 640*272 (2.21:1), DIV3 = DivX v3 MPEG-4 (Low-Motion), Supported
    Audio : 80 Mb, 157 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 chan., 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported

Can anyone help?

BTW Using Nero, the sound is fine but TMPGEnc doesn't encode the sound with the video, so any clues for that would be greatly appreciated as well!

Thanks in advance!
  • lroyb
    • Apr 2003

The reason that Tmpgenc doesn't encode ur audio is that is is in MP3 format, for TMPGenc to encode the MP3 stream u'll need to use TMPGenc Plus, i use this and it's fantastic.

as for ur inversed and reversed video, have u tried standing on ur head.

lroyb

Comment

• Pnx
      • Mar 2003

when i started encondig divx to svcd with subtitles i had the same problem, the tmpeg inverted the mivie image. To solve this problem you may check rhe priorities in environmental settings or downloal dvd2svcd cause this program contains a codec that prevents this from hapening.

Comment

• zmg
        • Apr 2003

Cheers for the help, I've sorted it now, I had a wrong codec installed that caused the inversion problem.

Comment

• wobbles
          • May 2003

zmg.......PLEEEEEZE.........which codec is it as I have the same problem!!

Comment

• zmg
            • Apr 2003

Hi wobbles,
            I 'm afraid I can't be much help there as I am not sure which one caused it!!
            I was experimenting with different codecs from the NIMO pack and realised that I had installed some that I shouldn't have, so I completely uninstalled the NIMO pack and then re-installed from the latest (beta) version the default ones and hey-presto, no more standing on my head to watch!
            Good luck!

Comment

Working...