Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BertL
    • Jan 2003

Problems encoding high motion video

Currently I am encoding a movie to SVCD format using TMPGenc v2.54 (Motion search precision: normal; Constant Quality: 80; GOP: standard). The result is very good, with the exception of the high motion scenes. These scenes result in pictures where a lot of colourfull squares are visible. When I viewed them frame by frame, I noticed that always one good frame is followed by two bad frames. I suppose that this has something to do with the GOP structure.
    Does anyone have the same experience and a solution for this?
    BTW, I tried several settings in TMPGenc including high quality motion search precision, but without noticable difference.
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

Bump up your Constant Quality Setting

Compressed videos have the tendancy to do this when in high motion like a battle sene (sorry the mis-spell)

Comment

• BertL
      • Jan 2003

SKD_Tech,

I have tried this (CQ 100), but still I had motion blur in the (few) high motion scenes.
      I also tried Automatic VBR and 2 pass VBR, but also without success.
      Last edited by BertL; 10 Apr 2003, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2003

Try increasing the bitrate about 50-100 KB more

Comment

• BertL
          • Jan 2003

SKV_Tech,

I am already using a maximum bit rate limit of 2520kbps (tried it with CQ and CQ_VBR) so there is no room for improvement there.

I hoped that there is more to be gained by playing with the GOP structure and the quantization matrix. However yesterday I tried the suggestion from poster "rocknroll" who claimed that he had found the perfect settings for the matrices and GOP, but also did not see a significant improvement there.
          Do you have any more suggestions?

Comment

• SKD_Tech
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2003

Nope sorry. I haven't messed around the the GOP yet. Never really had to. Hope someone else can further help you.

Comment

Working...