Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tc1111
    • Jan 2002

dvd to vcd software

help ,i have had minimal sucess with ripping dvd vob then convertion to vcd but all movies require different rippings and settings and blah blah, any one know of software that does this conversion without the hope im not alone can u help thanx
  • The Sorcerer
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Jan 2002

Hey,
    try DVDx!!!
    U can download it here: www2.labdv.com/news.php

Comment

• Spider1dpr
      • Dec 2001

DVD to VCD Software

I have had great success using this format. It has been great for biginners and might work for you.

Go too:
      Angelfire on Lycos, established in 1995, is one of the leading personal publishing communities on the Web. Angelfire makes it easy for members to create their own blogs, web sites, get a web address (domain) and start publishing online.

You can use either DVD Decrypter (As shown in the instructions) but I use Clad V.1.71

You can find Clad V.1.71 bye doing a google search.

And I would also like to thank Setarip for this information that he gave me about Clad V.1.71 and how to find an older program that has proven to be very reliable.

Programs you will need:
      DVD Decrypter / Clad V.1.71
      FORCE ASPI (Installed Layer)
      DVD2AVI
      TMPGEnc
      NERO

DPR

Let us know how it went.

Comment

• starfarer
        • Jan 2002

Dup-DVD

I tried this program and did successfully made 1/4th on CDR. That's the limit you can make with the trial version. Bit expensive but if somebody can come with free software like this why go through all this pain of converting with so many different steps with each steps using different software. Guys, do you remember how many dvd conversion . ripping software you got in your computer? and that's not including any plug ins.

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

in case your player accept Svcd, better use DVD2SVCD
          only problem: you will need cce

but the quality, speed and user-friendlyness is unbeatable!!

Comment

• abdul
            • Jan 2002

Since i still have soooooooooooooooo much to learn about the divx.avi conversion to (s)vcd, i still never ripped a dvd in my entire life

But surfing i came across something that MIGHT be usufull

This is what they claim:
            DVDx allows you to convert DVD to VCD2.0 or SCVD1.0 in one step (Including multiplexing, splitting). It produces good quality movies in MPEG1/2 format and you don't need to have 5GB or more free on your hard disk. DVDx has been designed especialy for unexperimented users, it is a simple and intuitive program. You only need Nero to write your VCD/SVDC.
            and ...............DVDx is freeware, current version is 1.7

You can find the program at DVDx home

Let us know if it is of any use (then i know what to try when i ever find the time to "back up" a dvd of my own

--------------------------[edit]
            just reread the post and saw that Sorcerer posted aexactly the same info
            Sorry for the double info
            ---------------------------[/edit]
            Last edited by abdul; 21 Jan 2002, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Working...