Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrtoledo
    • Jan 2002

VCD Size/Length Issue

I am attempting to convert an AVI to a VCD Complaint MPEG file to create a VCD. I had sucess with a few, now I am working on one, and a 40 minute clip creates a 1 GIG MPEG file. I have selected a constant bit rate of 1150. Is there any standard way to figure out what lenght I should make the sections. When I attempt to drag this 1GB MPG in Nero, the software shows the file is too long for the CD. (It goes out way beyond the 80 Min mark). When I play the MPG back in Media Player it shows a proper lenght of 40 Min, and plays properly. What am I doing wrong....
  • TONYSAVILL
    • Jan 2002

hi
    the length of the cd in minutes is only applicable to music.
    The thing you need to worry about is the file size.
    with a constant bitrate of 1125, the filesize still depends on the quality of the clip,
    if you're using tmpenc, then there is a quality option that you can reduce to reduce the quality of the clip, and therefore reduce the filesize.
    check it out, with a quality level of 70% and the filesize should be
    small enough to burn on one cd.
    hope this helps.

Comment

• moviemadness
      • Jan 2002

hi easy one this open nero rom select new vcd, then in the options box on right click new, drag over your avi file and the bottem bar will tell you if its gona fit, if it dont fit use virtual dub to split it, if it fits select burn and you will be back to the options box choose iso2 and ya ratio screen ect and then burn all done nero converts and takes about 5 hrs 2 do a 500mb vcd.

dont bother encoding to mpeg first most dvd players play normal vcd formats anyway.

let us no okay.

Comment

Working...