X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • webframa
    • Apr 2003

DVD (region1) => VCD (PAL)

Hi,

I'd like to convert a region 1 (NTSC) DVD into 2 VCD's (PAL). I was thinking to use EAZY VCD v1.15a to convert the DVD to VCD (NTSC) and then use TMPGEnc to convert the VCD (NTSC) tot VCD (PAL). Would that work? Maybe a better solution?

Thanks,

Webframa
  • Dodo
    • Apr 2003

Try Dvdx
    Maybe that would work

Comment

• SKD_Tech
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2003

Use DVD2SVCD (yes it supports both VCD and SVCD

Comment

• webframa
        • Apr 2003

Thanks, I'll give DVD2VCD a try.

In the mean time, I used EAZY VCD v1.15a to convert the region 1 DVD to VCD and used TMPGEnc to convert the resulting MPEG to a region 2 (PAL) MPEG. Then I burned the resulting MPEG on disc using the VCD template in Nero.

When I slip the disc into my DVD player (region free) he recognizes the VCD format but refuses to play. I can see the track and duration info on the LCD of the DVD player but when I press PLAY nothing happens. First I thought that maybe the DVD player couldn't handle the MPEG I converted with TMPGEnc so I burned the original MPEG to another disc, again using the VCD template in Nero. Same result: nothing happens. Any comments on this one?

Comment

• justin_sane
          • May 2003

i'm not sure if it matters but in nero, uncheck the "use cd-i application" box and make sure pal is selected because ntsc is the default setting.
          also, make sure the original mpeg file is of correct vcd standard, i.e. 352x288, 25fps, 44.1khz, 224 bitrate for pal vcds.
          if all else fails, try encoding with another program.
          i've also encountered some region free dvd players that don't like certain vcds. can't explain why.

Comment

Working...