A couple of questions about SVCD encoding.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saiya-Jin
    • Feb 2003

A couple of questions about SVCD encoding.

I used TMPGEenc a couple of times and while it encodes MPEG-1 for VCDs without any problems, it's taking forever to encode MPEG-2. Now, I know MPEG-2 is bigger and all that, but I don't think it's normal to take more than 24 hours to encode a movie with it!!! Anyone could give me a hand with that?

One more question: How can I convert a .srt or .sub subtitle file into a VCD/SVCD subtitle format? I know I could rip them from the DVD and all, but I need the subtitles in Portuguese so my DVDs don't have them, therefore I have to download them and I couldn't find any place that offers VCD/SVCD subtitles for donwload. So is there anywhere I can find them or better yet, can I use the .srt or .sub files to encode them directly on the movie (since there are no software players that support selectable subtitles) by loading it on some software like DVD2SVCD maybe?

I'd appreciate any comment.
    Last edited by Saiya-Jin; 30 Apr 2003, 05:26 AM.
  • gd_nimrod
    • Nov 2002

Re: A couple of questions about SVCD encoding.

Originally posted by Saiya-Jin
    I used TMPGEenc a couple of times and while it encodes MPEG-1 for VCDs without any problems, it's taking forever to encode MPEG-2. Now, I know MPEG-2 is bigger and all that, but I don't think it's normal to take more than 24 hours to encode a movie with it!!! Anyone could give me a hand with that?
    Check in "motion search precision" that its set to "mostion estimate search". It'll take MUCH less time to encode.
    Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
    http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• Saiya-Jin
      • Feb 2003

Whoa, that sure helped, it went down to about 8 hours which is the average time my pc encodes video. Thanks a lot.

Now I just need to know about the subtitles.

Comment

Working...