Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alwaysblue
    • Jan 2003

joining 2 avi's!!!!!

Hi, I have a few questions. One, I have the movie catch me if you can which came in 2 separate avi's.............I would like to join the two parts the best way possible without losing any quality, I then have the tools to convert the avi into a svcd and splitting it....what I'd like to know is why it is so hard to get more than 32 minutes of svcd burned on nero, catch me if you can is about 2:20 minutes long..............any advice on other methods to use to burn into svcd would be appreciated!!!!!!!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I have the movie catch me if you can which came in 2 separate avi's.."

Questions regarding downloaded videos should be posted in the "P2P" sub-forum here...

Joining two .AVIs can be accomplished in VirtualDub (or any of its variants) by simply:

1) Loading the first file and then, from the "File" dropdown menu selecting "Append .AVI segment" and loading the second file.

2) Set BOTH "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copy"

3) Save with a new filename

Comment

• alwaysblue
      • Jan 2003

Thank-you for your help............Virtualdub did an excellent job of joining the 2 avi's. Before I go any furthur I'd like to ask if there is any reason why I can't seem to get more than 32 minutes of svcd to burn in Nero, I ask this because when I go to split I need to calculate the time, I'd like to know if I'm doing something wrong by only being able to burn about 32 minutes of svcd in Nero or if it's normal, also if anyone knows of a more efficent way I would greatly appreciate it if you shared it with me.
      Thank-you always for all the help!!!

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thank-you for your help"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• SKD_Tech
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2003

Hmm only 32 minutes with Nero? That isn't right. You should be able to burn 45 to 85 minutes on a SVCD. I hope you aren't planing on letting Nero encode your Avi's to MPEG

Comment

• alwaysblue
            • Jan 2003

Hi, my method of encoding is with TMPGE, what I usually do is extract the audio using Virtualdub and then loading the video and audio into TMPGE, I was directed to do this on this site a while back to avoid out of sync problems I was having and it does work for me. I don't use Nero to encode....I already made that unfortunate mistake!!!!!!lol
            Any ideas of why I get only 32 minutes on svcd on Nero? What burning programs do you use???
            Thank-you......Peace!!!

Comment

• SKD_Tech
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Jan 2003

I also use nero and have no problems. Try Easy CD Creator 6 and see what it comes out if you can.

Comment

• alwaysblue
                • Jan 2003

are there any special settings you use for Nero?

Comment

• SKD_Tech
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Jan 2003

Nope I just use the wizard

Comment

Working...