Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justin_sane
    • May 2003

flaskmpeg won't open last VOB file

I used FlaskMPEG (v6+updates) to open the IFO file of Die Another Day, but the program will only open the first 6 files and not the 7th. Hence it won't encode the whole film. Any suggestions?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Have you tried to PLAY the 7th .VOB from your hard drive, to make sure it's not corrupted?

Is it named sequentially?

Try MPEG Mediator instead...

Comment

• justin_sane
      • May 2003

The 7th VOB file does "work" but due to the nature of the DVD (multiple angle shots on some scenes), it can't be played back on its own and the IFO file needs to be loaded first.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"due to the nature of the DVD (multiple angle shots on some scenes), it can't be played back on its own and the IFO file needs to be loaded first."

Naah - Although the playback might drive you crazy visually (multiple repititions of scenes), you still should be able to play the .VOB without resorting to the .IFO...

I would ask you again, is it named sequentially? - e.g. if the first 6 are named VTS_01_1.VOB through VTS_01_6.VOB, is the seventh named VTS_01_7?

If not, Flask won't add it to the sequence. The fact that you seem to be saying that there is a separate .IFO file for this .VOB would indicate that it's NOT part of the sequence.

What's the nature of the video? What's in the seventh .VOB?

Comment

• justin_sane
          • May 2003

Yes there is the multiple repetition of scenes throughout all the VOB files unless the you select "angle 0" in the IFO file before encoding. All the files are named sequentially and the last file contains the last 20 minutes of the film. There is only one IFO file for the whole film.

On saying that, I've used v0594 of Flask and its encoded the whole film fine. I would have just prefered to encode the final 20 minutes instead of the whole film again.

On a random note, is there a way to encode only forced subtitles in a film?

Comment

Working...