Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NDeh_is1
    • Oct 2002

Audio Help with AVI file

I need help with converting an avi file. I tried lsx and tmpgenc but the audio won't convert just the video file. The audio is on Gspot is this
    encoding: AC3
    AVG bitrate: 192 kb/s
    thats all it gives me. lsx said that it isn't 41000 hz. i hope this is enough info but if i find more i'll post it. thanks for any info.
  • AMD2400
    • Jul 2003

Have you tried decompressing the audio? Go to this link and d/l avi2vcd. It comes with an audio decompressor that converts the audio to pcm format. Try loading the file into TMPGenc after the decompression.

You could also try extracting the audio as a .wav from the .avi file.
    Open up VirtualDub, go to the audio tab and select Full Processing Mode. Then go back up to compression (still listed in the audio tab) and select <no compression (PCM>. After you do that, go to File tab, scroll down to Save WAV. Find a directory to save the wav to and hit save. You can also just save the .avi by selecting no audio under Audio tab, go under Video tab and select Direct Stream Copy, then go to File tab and select Save as AVI.

After it is saved, go back open up TMPGenc and select the video source as your newly created .avi file and for the audio source select the newly extracted .wav file.

Also check out this

Hopefully this will help you out. link to convert ac3 audio to wav file
    Last edited by AMD2400; 10 Jul 2003, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to the highest priority. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

Comment

• NDeh_is1
        • Oct 2002

thanx

i used avi2vcd's audio decompressor feature and after that it finally worked on tmpgenc, thanks for the info really helped....and i'll try those settings in tmpgenc the next time i convert a movie. thanks again guys!

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Glad to hear you resolved your dilemma ;>}

Comment

• echooff
            • May 2003

Just curious why no one asked what he was encoding to. If the video is going onto a dvd, why change a perfectly good ac3. if going to svcd/vcd it is understandable. I always encode for dvd so I only need to do the video portion, and of course surround sound is always preferable.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

To echooff

Because he/she posted this question in the "VCD/SVCD" sub-forum here...

Comment

Working...