Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djfcg
    • Jul 2003

Divx/Xvid>SVCD Help!

Hi guys, i have problems with the conversion of my movies(divx or xvid ) to svcd. I need see they in my standalone dvd! Ex.: Ive a movie that is a 60 min, 1172 bitrate, and im using vitualdub frameserving to tmpgenc to put permanent subtitles. In this conversion the frames with more motion where pixelating. Anyone have good tmpgenc templates for svcd and could send to me? Thanks
  • Thingy
    • May 2003

Be sure to use 2-pass VBR and highest quality (it will take forever but it removes most of the artefacts).
    The bitrate for the svcd should be at average 1600kbps to fit 1 hour on a 80Min cd-r. set max to 2650 and min to 0.
    - The question is: Why?

Comment

• djfcg
      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Thingy
      Be sure to use 2-pass VBR and highest quality (it will take forever but it removes most of the artefacts).
      The bitrate for the svcd should be at average 1600kbps to fit 1 hour on a 80Min cd-r. set max to 2650 and min to 0.
      Thanks. But how can i include subs in the svcd with dvd2svcd? Dvd2svcd is compatible with ac3 audio? If no, how ca i use another audio stream to multiplex with the video in dvd2svcd?

Comment

• Thingy
        • May 2003

I don't know how to do it with dvd2svcd, have used it to little.
        Maybe as you do with tmpgenc, install vobsub (2.22 I think).
        Load the video in virtualdub, select filter vobsub and the subtitle stream.
        Start frameserving and select a video-file, rename it to something easy.avi.
        Now you get a pseudo file that you might be able to load in dvd2svcd that has subtitles.
        You can also in virtualdub choose audio->full processing mode and select an appropriate codec like pcmwav and convert it to that first to elevate all possible ac3-problems. then save wav from the file menu.

Good Luck
        - The question is: Why?

Comment

• djfcg
          • Jul 2003

Ok. Thanks

Comment

Working...