Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KenDog
    • Jan 2002

Call me stupid

Ive been trying to convert a divx avi to vcd and burn it and play it on my home dvd player I dont have dvd drive on my computer. Ive been through all the help files and what programs to download, ive burned a small like 20 sec vcd to cd-r and it says no disk, ive also took a movie that was 50 minutes long and used nero 5.5 to do all the work at once and after 6 hours this didnt work right. Also I kinda have a hard time finding which is pal and ntsc and will pal still work on my dvd player? Is there boot files you have to put in to have the dvd boot up, there is folders on the cd. I know this is alot of questions I tried to do this by the instructions but it didnt work, im sure I did something wrong can someone help?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Two simple points:

1) Even if your standalone DVD player plays VCDs, it may be very "picky" about the brand of CD-R you've burned the VCD on - hence the "No Disc" notification. Goto this site for bDVD player brand/model-specific information:

Video forums, video software downloads, guides, blu-ray players and media.

2) Read your DVD player's docs to determine if it will play PAL (European 625 scanlines) as well as NTSC (US 525 scanlines).

Comment

• KenDog
      • Jan 2002

It says it works with most cdr cdrw cds, how can I check the cd to see if its burned right I guess im asking what program can I pop the cd in my computer and watch the movie. Also some movie I encode with tmpgenc doesnt show the video only sound I have the patch install plus all the divx codecs, do I have to conevert it some how before I use tmpgenc?

Comment

Working...