Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maxwellx
    • Jan 2002

TMPGEnc will not open the DVD2AVI out

I used DVD2AVI to convert my vobs and when i open up TMPGEnc it will not let me open the DVD2AVI out file. what am i doing wrong?
  • Kaiser-Soze
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jan 2002

Load up TMPGEnc, just up from the bottom near the center of the screen you'll see 2 browse buttons next to the 'Video source' and 'Audio source', click the video source browse button and load in the 'D2V' project file. Click the audio source browse button and load in the 'WAV' file.
    simple as that
    Speak until the tape runs out. Playback the tape until the story is finished...

Comment

• maxwellx
      • Jan 2002

I wish it was as easy as that . Wheni go to browse and try to open mymovie.d2v I have to select show all files to see it and when i open it it tells me (file cane not open it is unsupported) what am i doing wrong?

Comment

• Kaiser-Soze
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Jan 2002

what am i doing wrong?
        Nothing. That is the procedure.I don't know what could be wrong.Try remaking the D2V file or reinstalling TMPGEnc. I can't propose anything else cause I don't encode so much VCD's . Some1 more experienced than me on VCD's might help u
        soz
        Speak until the tape runs out. Playback the tape until the story is finished...

Comment

• johnbmx4christ
          • Nov 2001

I copied this from another thread in this forum and am still gonna say i think you people should learn to read first! this forum would probably use 1/2 the space if these ANSWERED questions were to be read.

here it is....

not trying to be mean but i encourage people to please read everything before posting..this has been posted before..more than once.i keep seeing the same questions over and over...
          open tmpg enc
          at the top click on option
          click on "environmental setting"
          click on" vfapi plug in"
          look in the list for " dvd2avi project reader"
          if its in there place a check in the box next to it
          if its not in there you need that plug in..the file is DVD2AVI.vfp
          john boy

http://brightideasdigitalmedia.com

Comment

• jphoenix
            • Feb 2002

Have had this problem when I upgraded to DVD2AVI 1.76.

Don't really know why it was causing a problem, but I had a copy of DVD2AVI 1.74 still and that works perfectly.

Can upload if u need it.

Comment

• slopoke
              • Feb 2002

This is what worked for me,

copy your new dvd2avi.exe and dvd2avi.ini files directly to your tmpg folder, where the the tmpgenc.exe and dvd2avi.vpf files are.

When you run dvd2avi, click on the help button and the make sure the vfapi-plug in has a check mark beside it, if it dosen't then dvd2avi isn't loading the plugin, that is assuming that vfapi was set-up ok as previous posts recommended.

Also make sure you have the correct version 1.76, I tried the ogo?? ver 1.86 i think, that didn't agree with my system, which gave me the same errors.

hope that helped.

Comment

Working...