Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shotyfins
    • Oct 2003

encoding avi with ac3 audio to vcd

I have been having trouble getting my audio to work when encoding to mpeg-1. I used vdubmod to convert the ac3 to wav and then used TMPGEnc to encoded. TMPGEnc can't encode the avi directly so I used the avi as the video streem and the wav as the audio and it encoded but there is no sound on the output file. the wav file works before encoding. Can anybody help?

• setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If, in fact, the .AVI contains a compliant .AC3 audiostream, there's no need to extract and convert it.

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to the highest priority. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

Comment

• shotyfins
      • Oct 2003

Changing the Priority on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" did allow me to use the avi for the audio and video source but when I start encoding it, the message "Broken B-Frame, Mising Ref Frame" appears on the top of the video as it is encoding and in the output file. Also, there still appears to be no sound on the output file. Any advice? Thanks a bunch for the help
      Last edited by shotyfins; 10 Oct 2003, 04:11 AM.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

1) Load the .AVI file (DivX-compressed or otherwise) into the most recent version of either VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod

2) Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy"

3) Select "Check for errors"

4) Select "Mask bad frames"

5) Save with a new filename

Comment

• shotyfins
          • Oct 2003

When I load the .AVI into VirtualDubMod, I set the video to "direct Stream Copy", then I go to "Scan Video Stream for Errors" but the only option it allows me to do is "Scan", the "Mask bad frames" option is there but is dissabled and won't let me choose it. Sorry, I'm some what of a newbe to the video encoding world. Can you help me out? Thanks again for the help.
          Last edited by shotyfins; 11 Oct 2003, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Working...