X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VCDbuilder
    • Dec 2003

MPEG2, interlacing, VCD

Hello,

I have downloaded a MPEG2 movies then pictures contains interlacing problems(each movement contains many small lines).
    Is it possible to correct it ?

I would like to build VCD disk to view it thru
    TV but the size of this file is 480*480. My question is what is the right dimension and how can I do it ?
  • pieroxy
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Nov 2003

If you want to make a VCD out of your big MPEG2 file, you will have to make the resolution lower: 352x240 instead of 480x480.

1. The best way for you is to open your MPEG2 file with DVD2AVI and hit "Save Project" (Will take a while). Look up dome DVD2AVI guides for more infos. I would suggest you to use the FORCE FILM option if available (If it is a FILM MPEG2, you will have no more interlace problems). This will also create an audio track on your hard drive.

2. Then open the resulting file in VirtualDub. There you can add several filters.

2a. If your original file is 16:9 (in the DVD2AVI step you've seen it), you will have to get a final resolution of 352x180 letterboxed in a frame of 352x240 (VCD).
    2b. If your original file is 4:3, just resize the movie to 352x240

3. Start the Frame Server (Look up some VirtualDub guides if you are lost here )

4. If the audio file created in step 1 is AC3, you will need to decode it to WAV usin ac3dec (for example)

5. Open the frameserver file with TMPGEnc as video, load your WAV as audio. Load the VCD NTSC template. If you used FORCED FILM in step one, load VCD NTSC FILM.

6. Encode

7. Create a new VCD project in Nero, dragNDrop your newly created MPEG file

8. Burn

9. Enjoy
    "on the north side of 'wild-cat peak' the 'snow squaws' shake their winter blankets and bring forth a chill which rides the wind with goad and spur, hurling with an icy hand rime, and frost upon a dreamy land musing in the lap of Spring"

Comment

• atifsh
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2003

Re: MPEG2, interlacing, VCD

Originally posted by VCDbuilder
      Hello,

I have downloaded a MPEG2 movies then pictures contains interlacing problems(each movement contains many small lines).

I would like to build VCD disk to view it thru
      TV but the size of this file is 480*480. My question is what is the right dimension and how can I do it ?
      480*480 is a svcd standard for ntsc, if ur dvd/vcd player supports svcd format dont do anything, just burn as svcd.
      otherwise just use tmpgenc's wizard to load ur mpeg2 file and make vcd standard file and burn using nero.
      Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• atifsh
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2003

Re: MPEG2, interlacing, VCD

Originally posted by VCDbuilder
        Hello,

use TmpgEnc's de interlace filter to get rid of the prob.

but if the orignal file dont hav much interlacin prob, i say try burning svcd on re-write media to check on tv first.

Comment

• pieroxy
          Platinum Member
          Platinum Member
          • Nov 2003

@atifsh, looking to reach 200 posts hmm? Two more to go.

@VCDBuilder, atifsh is right, you have downloaded a SVCD. Try to burn it first to see if that is what you want. SVCD is VCD v2.0, but not all players play it.

Only if you want to burn a VCD 1.1 will you need to go through all the steps I described.
          "on the north side of 'wild-cat peak' the 'snow squaws' shake their winter blankets and bring forth a chill which rides the wind with goad and spur, hurling with an icy hand rime, and frost upon a dreamy land musing in the lap of Spring"

Comment

• atifsh
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2003

Originally posted by pieroxy
            @atifsh, looking to reach 200 posts hmm? Two more to go.

hehe no actually i forgot the deinterlace part

Comment

Working...