X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luahahah
    • Jan 2004

Help to fix mp2 audio file

Hallo! I hope someone will help me.
    I was trying to view a MPEG2 file when the error "decoder error: no sequence header found" stopped the player (every player: WMP, RealOne, Core, BSPlay and others). I tried demultiplexing file with TMPGenc and now I have a M2V and a MP2 file.
    I can reproduce M2V file correctly, but I cannot found a way to fix MP2 audio file (i think is the one I need to fix).
    I tried to rename file in MPA and fix it with AC3 corrector, but the program tells that the file is corructed (I think it is a mono mp2 file, anyway, not an AC3 file). Can you help me please to fix it?
    Thank you!
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"I tried demultiplexing file with TMPGenc and now I have a M2V and a MP2 file."

TMPGEnc is a solid program, but sometimes with certain audio files, it can be fussy. Try to use a free program called VirtualDubMod–different from the regular VirtualDub program–to extract your audio stream. Then use TMPGEnc to multiplex the M2V file, and the audio stream created from VirtualDubMod back together in a new mpeg 2 file.

Comment

• petesimon
      • Apr 2002

Try to use the "Merge & Cut" feature of TMPGEnc to make a new MPEG file. Open a file there, change the output file name and just click 'Run'.

Use a different player software--WinDVD, PowerDVD, Xine-win32, VLC-win32, MPlayer-Win32.
      Get them from http://www.digital-digest.com or dvdrhelp.com.

Also see these forum topics:

Japón!

Comment

Working...