Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gordo
    • Apr 2004

Sound Svcd

Can someone tell me if I am doing something wrong?I use Decrypter to rip my movies (svcd) and I use Dvdx version 2.2 to encode them, but when I play them on my standalone dvd player I only get sound out of the 2 front speakers and not out of the sub or the middle or the back 2 speakers.Am I doing something wrong or is this just how it has to be?

Gordo
    Last edited by gordo; 6 Apr 2004, 01:28 AM.
  • Hardeep_S
    • Sep 2003

VCD and SVCD can only play 2-channel sound. You sound convert and sound u have thats is like surround sound or 5.1 to .wav. Then you sould use that sound to make SVCDs. The only thing that can play these 5.1 or sourround sounds is DVD.

Comment

• gordo
      • Apr 2004

So converting them to wav. files will that get me sound out of all speakers,meaning not in 5.1 but just normal sound as stereo?

Comment

• Hardeep_S
        • Sep 2003

I think it will work. It worked for me. Also, when u play 2 channel sound lke VHS on your surround sound system, does the sound come out of all 5 speaker or just the front two? If the sound of that works fine, then converting it to WAV will work.

Another thing could be that your speakers are set-up incorrectly but i bet it is more like the first thing than this.

Comment

• gordo
          • Apr 2004

Yes when I play 2 channel sound it only comes out of my 2 front speakers with great quality but not out of my sub,middle or the two back speakers.If changing the files to wav. works what is the best way of doing this, as I have said in my first post I use Decrypter to rip and I use Dvdx 2.2 to encode. Sorry if I sound a little bit unsure of things but I am only new to this ripping and encoding thing...
          Thanx Gordo
          Last edited by gordo; 17 Apr 2004, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Hardeep_S
            • Sep 2003

See, i hvae aa 5.1 configuration on my PC and any 2 channel sound video works fine on it. All 5 speakers works and also the sub. I'm not pretty sure about the television but it should work or it is that 2 channel is only supposed to come out of 2 speaker. Someone told me that the front two are the main speakers and the back speakers and the sub are onyl for speacial effects.

To convert to wav, load your video in VirtualDubMod. Then go streams and select streams list. On the audio in the list, highlight it and select save wav.

Also, do your speakers work when u play surround sound DVDs?

Comment

• gordo
              • Apr 2004

Thanx for your quick reply and yes all my speakers play surround sound with a DvD,I will try your advise and will let u know the out-come
              Thanx gordo.

Comment

• gordo
                • Apr 2004

Sorry it has taken a while but here in Australia we had a few holidays so we went away.I tried your advise but they still play only from my two front speakers,I guess thats the way it has to be unfortunately.If you have any other ideas I would be greatful to here them. Thanx gordo.

Comment

Working...