Converting SVCD to DVD Using Any of These Programs??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheFool
    • Jun 2004

Converting SVCD to DVD Using Any of These Programs??

what i have:
    -VirtualDub v1.5.10
    -VirtualDubMod v1.5.10.1 [Build 2366]
    -Nandub v1.0 rc2 [Build 1852]
    -IfoEdit v0.96
    -GSpot v2.21
    -TMPGEnc Plus v2.5
    -TMPGEnc DVD Author v1.5.20.62
    -TMPGEnc 3.0 Xpress
    -DVD Shrink v3.1
    -DVD Decrypter v3.2.2.0
    -Nero 6.31 Ultra
    -NeroVision Express 2
    -BeSweet v1.4 + GUI v0.6
    -Gordian Knot v0.28.8
    -BeSliced
    -BitrateCalc

i was looking around and the only thing i found that showed u how to convert SVCD to DVD said to use TMPGEnc Plus's MPEG Tools to merge the mpg files, then use simple de-multiplex to make the mp2 and m2v files then use TMPGEnc Author to make the dvd folder, but when i try adding the m2v video into TMPGEnc Author it says:

The video GOP is too long.
    For a standard DVD it is necessary that the GOP fulfill the following conditions:

Max 36 fields (18 frames) (NTSC format only)
    Max 30 fields (15 frames) (PAL format only)
    is there any other way of converting an SVCD to DVD?

i would leave it as SVCD if my DVD player played it, but it doesnt....

thanx for the help ahead of time.

-Chris
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

You should be able to ignore the "The video GOP is too long" error and proceed to author the DVD.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

It seems you don't have the one program you need. DVDLab will DIRECTLY accept an SVCD for input and generate a DVD set fro output...

Comment

• TheFool
        • Jun 2004

actually i have DVDLab but i havnt used it yet.... cant seem to find time to figure it out... if u know any tuts or guids on how to use it that woudl be helpfull...

and ormonde if i ignore it wouldnt that make it not work on my dvd player? i dont like wasting time and blanks like that

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"if u know any tuts or guids on how to use it that woudl be helpfull..."

Simply click on the "Help" dropdown menu - or go online to the author's website...

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"and ormonde if i ignore it wouldnt that make it not work on my dvd player? i dont like wasting time and blanks like that "

Always use an RW disk to check if you have a successful burn before committing to the permanent measure of burning with a (-R; +R) disk.

Comment

• TheFool
              • Jun 2004

"Always use an RW disk to check if you have a successful burn before committing to the permanent measure of burning with a (-R; +R) disk."

thats what i was thinking before, but every time i try to put the rewritable in the dvd player it doesnt read it like a dvd so i cant do that...

"Simply click on the "Help" dropdown menu - or go online to the author's website..."

that wont work to good cause basicly i need to see exactly how to convert SVCD to DVD... this fps problem is really getting on my nerves...

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"Simply click on the "Help" dropdown menu - or go online to the author's website..."

"that wont work to good cause basicly i need to see exactly how to convert SVCD to DVD"

It certainly WILL - if you bother to make the effort! As I said earlier, DVDLab will DIRECTLY convert SVCD to DVD for you...
                Last edited by setarip; 22 Jun 2004, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• ormonde
                  Digital Video Explorer
                  • Dec 2003

"thats what i was thinking before, but every time i try to put the rewritable in the dvd player it doesnt read it like a dvd so i cant do that..."

That would indicate that your standalone player is NOT compatible with RW media. I would invest in a player that can read a variety of different media formats. They're really cheap now. I picked up a Daewoo player almost a year ago-plays just about every type of disk. It cost me $39.00.

Comment

• TheFool
                    • Jun 2004

ive tried everything... i cant seem to figure out how dvdlab works... its too hard to figure out how to change something...

i got to the point where i want to start to burn it, but it says the 2 formats are in PAL format and it will require a dvd player that supprots NTSC and PAL for it to play at all... im guessing its cause the svcd leaves me with video with 25fps and not 29... how can i fix that?

Comment

• ormonde
                      Digital Video Explorer
                      • Dec 2003

"but it says the 2 formats are in PAL format and it will require a dvd player that supprots NTSC and PAL for it to play at all"

My Daewoo for $39 plays both PAL and NTSC. Like I've said, the best solution for this is just to invest a rather small amount of money and get a versatile standalone player.

Comment

• TheFool
                        • Jun 2004

thats not the point ormonde... i want to learn how do convert it, and taking the ez and buying a new $50 dvd player wont help me learn how to convert svcd to dvd....

Comment

• ormonde
                          Digital Video Explorer
                          • Dec 2003

"thats not the point ormonde... i want to learn how do convert it"

Type the following into your google search engine, and learn till your heart's content:

"svcd to dvd"conversion%
                          Last edited by ormonde; 23 Jun 2004, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Working...