Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gooshy
    • Jul 2004

DVD2SVCD Encoded_audio_1.mp2 not found

I am trying to convert an avi file to svcd using dvd2svcd. During the process I get an error message popping up saying Encoded_audio_1.mp2 not found, although this file does not exist a file called Encoded_audio_1.mp2.wav does. I think the error is from bbMPEG.

Does anyone have any suggestions what I am doing wrong.

I am using dvd2svcd verison 1.2.2 build 1

Cheers.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"I am trying to convert an avi file to svcd using dvd2svcd"

Try using "TMPGEnc" or "TMPGEnc Plus". Load your AVI file and use the "SVCD" template from the "Project Wizard" ("File" > "Project Wizard").

Comment

• gooshy
      • Jul 2004

I have given this a try. I have tried all of the svcd templates but when it comes to setting the bitrate I cannot get the encoded file size anywhere near 2 cd's nevermind 1.

One of the things that I quite liked about dvd2svcd is that I wanted to try using a kvcd matrice as I tried using a ksvcd template with TMPGenc but when I get to the bitrate section again the file size is huge and no audio has been found.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by gooshy; 23 Jul 2004, 04:45 AM.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

Can you lower the percentage in the "Makes file size % of disk capacity" window?

Comment

• gooshy
          • Jul 2004

No, I can only increase it, the same with the file size.

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"the same with the file size"

What about going lower than 1600 on the bitrate?

Comment

• gooshy
              • Jul 2004

In expert mode I can lower the bitrate, but when I come back out the filesize and disk percent values have not changed.

Comment

• ormonde
                Digital Video Explorer
                • Dec 2003

The only other thing I can suggest is to "Compress" the size of the mpeg file down to 699 MB so it with fit on a CD (r, rw) disk. Use a program called "Rejig" to compress the file.

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

"I tried using a ksvcd template with TMPGenc but when I get to the bitrate section again the file size is huge and no audio has been found"

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub (or any of its variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

The audiostream is probably in either .AC3 format or Variable Bitrate MPEG Layer 3 (VBR .MP3).

If it proves to be .AC3:

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to one greater than the highest priority of listed items.. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

If it proves to be VBR:

Simply use VirtualDubMOD (Different than standard VirtualDub), to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
                  Using VirtualDubMOD to Convert "VBR" .MP3 to Uncompressed .WAV

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDubMOD (a different program than the standard VirtualDub)

2) From the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Direct Stream Copy"

3) From the "Streams" dropdown menu, select "Stream List" - and rightclick on the audio stream, then select "Full Processing Mode" - then click on "OK"

4) From the "File" dropdown menu, save the .AVI with a new filename

Comment

Working...