Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nismokeysean
    • Dec 2004

cutting 3ivx d4 file

Have a file I eventually would like to burn to dvd which is encoded with 3ivx D4 Video Decoder (mpeg3 audio) but time lenght of file is to long over 2 hours.

I only have the SE version of nero so can not edit or cut. Any info on prog that I could use to cut in half file encoded with 3ivx D4 Video Decoder would be great (free licence if possible but thats probably looking for to much) or meby a different burn prog than nero which is free or cheaper that i can cut the file with.

This is my first computer with dvd burner so not got a clue whats possible and whats not any help or info would be appreciated
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Any info on prog that I could use to cut in half file encoded with 3ivx D4 Video Decoder would be great (free licence if possible but thats probably looking for to much) or meby a different burn prog than nero which is free or cheaper that i can cut the file with."

VirtualDub or VirtualDubMOD...

Splitting with VirtualDub or VirtualDubMOD:

1)Load your original (DivX-compressed or otherwise) .AVI into VirtualDub or VirtualDubMOD
    2) Set BOTH "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copying"
    3) From the "Edit" dropdown menu, select "Set Selection Start"
    4) Move slider to approximate halfway point
    5) From the "Edit" dropdown menu, select "Go to next keyframe"
    6) From the "Edit" dropdown menu, select "Set Selection End'
    7) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as AVI" - Save as a new filename (e.g. "Movie1of2.avi").
    8) From the "Edit" dropdown menu, select "Set Selection Start"
    9) From the "Edit" dropdown menu, select "Move to End"
    10) From the "Edit" dropdown menu, select "Set Selection End"
    11) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as AVI" - Save as a new filename (e.g. "Movie2of2.avi").

Comment

Working...