X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RandyRB
    • Mar 2002

Changing SVCD to VCD?

Hi,

I am trying to find out how to change a SVCD to a VCD file.

I use DVD2AVI, TMPgEnc.

Please help.
    I got these files from a friend and need to change them so that I can burn and watch on my TV

Thanks
    RandyRB
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

MPEG2 to MPEG1

Run TMPGEnc as follows:

File>>MPEGTools>>Simple DeMultiplex

Load your SVCD file. Press the "Run" radio button to automatically save your video and audio streams as separate video (.M2V) and audio files (either .MP2 or .MPA).

Close TMPGEnc (as a precautionary measure).

Start TMPGEnc.

On the main screen, press the "Settings" radio button (If it is 'greyed out", press the "Load" radio button and select "Unlock.mcf").

Select the "System" tab and select "MPEG1-VideoCD"

Select the "Advanced" tab. Set the resolution to "4:3 525 line (NTSC)" (or the PAL equivalent, if appropriate for your locale)

Set "Video Arrange method" to "Center (Custom size)" and enter the resolution of the original MPEG2

Select the "Video" tab. Set the "Size" to the same figures you entered under the "Advanced" tab.

Set the "Aspect ratio" to "4:3 525 line (NTSC)" (or the PAL equivalent, if appropriate for your locale)

Set the framerate to 23.976,24,25 (PAL), or 29.970 fps

Click on OK to get back to the main screen

Enter a new filename in the "Output" box

Click on the "Start" radio button

Since this will be the first attempt at this conversion, I STRONGLY suggest that after 3-5 minutes, you click on the "Stop" radio button and then answer "Yes" to "Abort now?". Minimize (DON'T exit) TMPGEnc. Doubleclick on the newly created short MPEG1-VCD version of your video. It should automatically start running under the Windows Media Player. If you notice a plethora of horizontal lines "jutting out" to the left and/or right (that weren't in your original video, do as follows:

Maximize TMPGEnc, click on the "Settings" radio button, and select the "Advanced" tab.

Put a checkmark in the box to the left of "Deinterlace"

Doubleclick on the word "Deinterlace".

Click on the down arrow to the right of the "Method" box and select the deinterlacing method you wish to apply (I prefer "Double (field adaptation)).

Make certain that there is a checkmark in the box to the left of "Enable filter". Click on OK (This will return you to the "Advanced" tab). Click on OK (This will return you to the main screen).

Click on the "Start" radio button and save the entire file. Likewise, if you didn't observe the horizontal lines in your 3-5 minute test, then simply click on the "Start" radio button and save the entire file.

Comment

Working...