Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loa72
    • Mar 2002

Avi --> Vcd

I'm new at this but I'm trying to convert an AVI file to VCD (Mpeg-1) format by using TMPGenc so that I can play it on my DVD player.

Can anyone comment if this is possible and whether Mpeg-2 might be a better format to go with?

Also, am I going to get only 1 mpeg file or will I get the .dat files/folders?

Thanks.

• setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Yes, it's possible. Just make certain that your TMPGEnc settings are for "MPEG1-VideoCD" and not simply "MPEG1". By using TMPGEnc you will have only created a VCD-format MPEG1 file. You'll have to use burning software such as NERO set ONLY to BURN a VCD (NOT to format your file for burning as a VCD). NERO will create a proper VCD with appropriate folders.

Then the only thing remaining to be done is to discover if your standalone will recognize the brand of CD-R or R/W CD you're using (They tend to be very selective).

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• loa72
      • Mar 2002

Thanks for the info.

Is Nero the recommended software to do the job or are there other options out there.

Also, how do I go about to find out if my standalone support my CD-R?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Also, how do I go about to find out if my standalone support my CD-R?"

Go to: http://www.vcdhelp.com/

"Is Nero the recommended software to do the job or are there other options out there."

I use NERO for burning. EZ CD Creator is another possibility...

Comment

• loa72
          • Mar 2002

Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...