another avi to vcd conversion problem ..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dOnnskI
    • Mar 2002

another avi to vcd conversion problem ..

hi!! i'm kinda new here .. and please i do hope you can help me out .. i'm having difficulty in converting my .AVI file to .MPEG (.MPG = VCD) format .. i tried using TMPEnc in converting it but all i get is a blank screen (actually, it's a black screen) .. i can't see anything and only the sound seems to appear .. i even tried using other encoding programs and i still encounter the same problem .. please help me out!! i really want to convert my .AVI to a vcd format ..
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Read my reply to "Madness" on this same forum page...

Comment

• dOnnskI
      • Mar 2002

hey!! i was able to dtermine the problem .. it was because DivX 5 pro which i installed ..

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Congratulations on finding the solution to your problem ;>}

Comment

• helpme
          • Mar 2002

to dOnnskI : i have the same problem as you, black screen after converting using TMPGnc. But no sound i think. I tried your solution (uninstall Divx 5.0 Bundle) but after that i cannot even open the avi file in TMPGnc.

to setarip : I tried following step by step many times but the resulting mpeg is a black screen movie with no sound. I tried using 2 different avi but it's the same. help?

Comment

• helpme
            • Mar 2002

omg, i unistalled divx 5 and installed ver 4.12.. it works now..

ver 5 is not supported by most software it seems

Comment

• helpme
              • Mar 2002

i noticed that the converted mpg file is much longer than the original avi file. ( it is 3x bigger also). the reason is becoz TMPGEnc added a lot of black space at the back of the moive. why? and how to prevent this?

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

To helpme

You should expect an MPEG1/MPEG1-VideoCD to be up to twice as long as a DivX-compressed .AVI file, due to a less effective compression scheme.

As to why you've got black space at the end of your conversion, I have no idea. Simply load it into TMPGEnc and from under the "File" dropdown menu, click on "MPEGTools" and select "Merge&Cut" - and resave the file only through its "real" end...

Comment

Working...