Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tafkadaz
    • Mar 2002

Svcd-vcd

I have a slight problem when i burn a vcd it works fine on my standalone good quality good sound etc..
    When i do svcd i all stuttery i have been told its prolly my player a panasonic dvdrd31 ok i can live with that anyone here though who can tell me is it possible to go from svcd back to vcd and if so how as i have a few movies in svcd. Thanks in adavance
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Use TMPGEnc as follows:

File>>MPEGTools>>Simple Multiplex

Load your SVCD

Change mode to MPEG1-VideoCD

Save file with a new filename

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• tafkadaz
      • Mar 2002

Okay tried it in simple multiplex got an error saying illegal Mpeg audi stream.
      I then tried in multiplex and got the following info
      AVESQ01.mpg mpeg-2 video 480x480 29.97fps 2530kbps
      AVESQ01.mpg mpeg-1 audio layer-2 44100Hz 128kbps

still same error report any ideas???

Comment

• isc
        • Mar 2002

Try using "vcdeasy" should work you can also create a cue and bin file for burning it back to cd..

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

It would appearthat the audio stream is the problem - I believe it's got to be 224Kbps. Therefore, you may have to do it the long way, as follows:SVCD to VCD

Run TMPGEnc as follows:

File>>MPEGTools>>Simple DeMultiplex

Load your SVCD file. Press the "Run" radio button to automatically save your video and audio streams as separate video (.M2V) and audio files (either .MP2 or .MPA).

Close TMPGEnc (as a precautionary measure).

Start TMPGEnc.

On the main screen, press the "Settings" radio button (If it is 'greyed out", press the "Load" radio button and select "Unlock.mcf").

Select the "System" tab and select "MPEG1-VideoCD"

Select the "Advanced" tab. Set the resolution to "4:3 525 line (NTSC)" (or the PAL equivalent, if appropriate for your locale)

Set "Video Arrange method" to "Center (Custom size)" and enter the resolution of the original MPEG2

Select the "Video" tab. Set the "Size" to the same figures you entered under the "Advanced" tab.

Set the "Aspect ratio" to "4:3 525 line (NTSC)" (or the PAL equivalent, if appropriate for your locale)

Set the framerate to 23.976,24,25 (PAL), or 29.970 fps

Select the "Audio" tab. Set to 44,100 at 224Kbps

Click on OK to get back to the main screen

Enter a new filename in the "Output" box

Click on the "Start" radio button

Since this will be the first attempt at this conversion, I STRONGLY suggest that after 3-5 minutes, you click on the "Stop" radio button and then answer "Yes" to "Abort now?". Minimize (DON'T exit) TMPGEnc. Doubleclick on the newly created short MPEG1-VCD version of your video. It should automatically start running under the Windows Media Player. If you notice a plethora of horizontal lines "jutting out" to the left and/or right (that weren't in your original video, do as follows:

Maximize TMPGEnc, click on the "Settings" radio button, and select the "Advanced" tab.

Put a checkmark in the box to the left of "Deinterlace"

Doubleclick on the word "Deinterlace".

Click on the down arrow to the right of the "Method" box and select the deinterlacing method you wish to apply (I prefer "Double (field adaptation)).

Make certain that there is a checkmark in the box to the left of "Enable filter". Click on OK (This will return you to the "Advanced" tab). Click on OK (This will return you to the main screen).

Click on the "Start" radio button and save the entire file. Likewise, if you didn't observe the horizontal lines in your 3-5 minute test, then simply click on the "Start" radio button and save the entire file.

Comment

Working...