Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tweed
    • Apr 2002

error message with TMGEnc...

1st timer getting an error message.."can't loadP3Package dll"... any help would be greatly appreciated..

thanks...
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

When you downloaded TMPGEnc, did you download and install the required companion VFAPI file?

Comment

• tweed
      • Apr 2002

No... I just wasn't sure what to download... I downloaded virtual dub and I have the TMPGEnc... what is this file that I need??

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

At the TMPGEnc homepage download area, in addition to the zip of the TMPGEnc program, you'll see a reference toa companion "VFAPI" file. read the brief onscreen instructions regarding propoer installation and then download and install it in your TMPGEnc folder...

Comment

• tweed
          • Apr 2002

Thanks for your help!! I could only get some of my 'avi' files to work though.. is there a reason for this??

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

Since you haven't provided any specific information, I can only speculate that some of your .AVIs contain audio streams in formats that TMPGEnc (such as Variable Bit Rate MPEG3), or were compressed using video codecs that you don't have installed on your system, or were compressed with the recently released DivX v.5 codec...

Comment

• tweed
              • Apr 2002

Thanks again for the quick reply!! I don't remember the exact error message, but I'll post it when I get to my computer at home.

Another quick question I have is 'how can I speed up the conversion time from .AVI to MPEG-1??'

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"how can I speed up the conversion time from .AVI to MPEG-1?"

Forgive the obvious response - a faster computer ;>}

Comment

Working...