Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • copysum2
    • Apr 2002

DVDx 1.8a - anv_disp.dll HELP setarip !

DVDx 1.8a is giving me an error of anv_disp.dll blah blah, while trying to use it under WINXP. I had successfully used DVDx 1.6a previously under WINXP and no problems. When upgrading to 1.8a, I was prompted to either replace anv_disp.dll with the new or keep the existing one. And you guessed it I replaced it. ANYONE out there have any thoughts..... I think I will try and reinstall 1.6 and try keeping the anv_disp.dll file from it. But I would like to use the new features of 1.8. And I would appreciate it SETARIP if you too commented on this. Thanks.
    satr
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Sorry, but I'm unfamiliar with the DVDx software. In general terms though, I'm happy to share with you my opinion about software "upgrades" - If the present version works properly and addresses all of your needs, just download the "upgrade" and store it away until such time as you find that the present version on your sytem has some deficiency that's specifically addressed by the "upgrade". But this is just my opinion (and I practice what I preach) ;>}

Comment

• copysum2
      • Apr 2002

THANKS for your Opinion.

Setarip,
      Thanks for your thoughts on this matter. I happened to reinstall the previous version and it is working fine. The only problem is the newer version actually offers a P-4 engine that is supposed to be alot faster in processing. Since I had a P4 processor....well you know the rest. Thanks again and have a good one!

Satr

Comment

• meadowdale
        • Apr 2002

I have used all versions off dvdx on both pentium and athlon,version 1.6 is by far the better versionfor both cpu's
        the troubkle with ver 1.8a s that they added the conversion feature and it mucked things up.you end up with more error reporting thanfinding a atheast in vatican city,hahaha
        also with this version with the athlon you get an oily look to the picture.
        my suggestion is you stick with ver 1.6 untill they iron out the probs.you know the old saying !if it works dont fix it
        Regards................MEADOWDALE

Comment

Working...